Some of you agree with me and some of you do not. It’s OK – we are all entitled to our own opinions. No matter your thoughts, the inevitable is coming and coming quickly.
SUMMER VACATION!! So what are you looking forward to? What are your plans?
If you know me then you know I L.O.V.E. summer vacation. Like a lot. a lot a alot.
Here are the TOP 10 REASONS WHY I LOVE SUMMER BREAK (not in any order):
- Lazy lazy mornings. No where to go. No where to be. No more school bus arriving at 6:50am. Hurrah!
- Workouts followed by poolside lunches. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I long to smell the chlorine about now.
- Three Rivers Park District places. My fan favorites: The Landing (formerly Murphy’s Landing), the Cleary Dog park (off leash dog park for my man, Wrigley), Elm Creek Park Reserve (amazing play area and sand bottom pool)
- Adventuring out into new cities and places we’ve never experienced. Long live fun day trips!
- Sweaty beach days. Sand sticking to our bums. The smell of sunscreen and lake water.
- Precious family time at the lake. Crazy chaos. Too much food. Cousin bonding. Games, games and more games.
- Valleyfair. We’ve had season passes for the past 12 years. I know some people aren’t fans of that place – but I’m a big supporter. I enjoy getting sun and exercise while my girlies run from ride to ride.
- Late nights, bonfires and refreshing drinks. Oh and also outside dining!
- Hitting local farmer’s markets. I think the experience always makes the fresh fruits and veggies taste better for some reason.
- Cute summer wear – like these new pieces that just arrived in the shop! One shoulder ruffle stripes/floral top // Button down denim skirt // hoop earrings available in the shop // Madewell sandals c/o shopbop.com <– 90% of our shoes come from here. <3
Don’t forget to join the Wild Ruffle fun via: Facebook // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Google+