Let’s face it people, I’m wild about cookies just about every day of my life. How could you not be wild about such a delicious treat?
But today, I’m particularly ecstatic about zucchini cookies. A friend of mine made some from a recipe she found via FB, and they were super yum.
But my eldest is gluten free, and I didn’t want her to miss out on the zucchini fun. So I adapted it to make them work for her.
And truly, they’re working for everyone in the family. They’re so tasty – you wouldn’t even know they were GF. Plus, since my littlest won’t touch a veggie with a 10 foot pole, I can at least feel a little better knowing she’s getting something good in her scrawny body – veggies taste so much better when mixed with cinnamon and cloves, right?
Here’s another bonus: when you grate the zucchini it’s like getting an arm workout. So you can totally justify eating a second cookie once they’re ready. 😉
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, and allspice in a large bowl and stir to combine. Beat in coconut oil, then the egg until well combined. Last, add zucchini and oats until well mixed.
3. Spoon cookie dough onto greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. Let cool.
1. Mix ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth. Add more water or powdered sugar as desired.
2. Frost cookies once cooled.
Don’t forget to join the Wild Ruffle fun via: Facebook // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Google+